metronome-mark-alignment

From: Daniel Rosen
Subject: metronome-mark-alignment
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 23:18:16 +0000

I just rediscovered David Nalesnik's metronome-mark-alignment function in this
thread that I originally started years ago: https://bit.ly/2QUmi6H

The function works fine as long as Metronome_mark_engraver only exists in the
Score context. However, if it's added to, say, a Staff context or a Voice
context, it prevents the file from compiling and yields the following error
messages:

> ~/example.ly:23:14: In expression (ly:make-simple-closure (quasiquote #)):
> ~/example.ly:23:14: Unbound variable: ly:make-simple-closure

See the attached example.

Can anyone tweak this function so that it will work under these conditions?

DR