Re: Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.15 Catalina
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 17:49:45 +0000

Jeremiah,

Please keep discussion on the list so it can help others.

From: Jeremiah Reilly <address@hidden>
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM
To: Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>

Carl

Thanks for the tips. Appreciated.

The Frescobaldi Downloads page states "Install a copy of Lilypond as well." Not sure how that jives with Catalina.

Sorry to be inept re packages and making from source. I am a musician, not a developer.

Download the package from the link below.  Double-click on it.  It will open up a folder.  Probably you will then double-click on the file in the folder to complete the installation.

I can’t test the exact process because I don’t have Catalina (on purpose).

  https://www.et.byu.edu/~sorensen/lilypond-devel-2.19.83_2.mpkg

You will probably need to change your security settings to allow you to open software from other than the App store (but you likely have already done that in order to install Frescobaldi.

No building is required.  You don’t need to be a developer.  You just need to install both Frescobaldi and LilyPond, and then tell Frescobaldi where to find LilyPond (which is perhaps the problem you are facing).  If so, open up Frescobaldi, then Preferences (under the Frescobaldi menu), then select LilyPond preferences.  Click the Add button to the right of LilyPond versions to use, and browse to the installed LilyPond (somewhwere under /opt/local).

HTH,

Carl