Re: Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Mac OS 10.15 Catalina
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 07:59:26 -0600

Frescobaldi itself does not generate sheet music. You need to install Lilypond also. In my experience with Catalina, Hans Aberg's .mkpg installs with a double click and works fine(except for convert-ly, apparently).

Frescobaldi 3 does not work out of the box on the Mac; there are a half a dozen dependencies that have to be installed first. The 64-bit version of 2.20 does work well. I haven't gotten around to getting F3 running as obtaining and installing the dependencies on the Mac is kind of a nuisance due to how locked down MacOS is, unless one is using a package manager such as Homebrew, MacPorts, etc. I am not using one of those.