Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:47:30 -0700

On 2018-06-13 16:15, Torsten Hämmerle wrote:
There is only one complication I can think of: if there are several
markups/scripts, our "spacer" markup may push the other objects away from the stave, but then again, one use outside-staff-priority or, if there's
already a TextScript markup, use this by changing its vertical extents.

Torsten,

Would it make more sense to use \with-dimensions to ensure the markup has minimal size? Consider:

%%%%
  \version "2.19.81"
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \repeat unfold 40 { c''1 }
      d'1_\markup \with-dimensions #'(0 . 8) #'(0 . 8) " "
      \repeat unfold 40 { c''1 }
    }
    \new Staff {
      \repeat unfold 40 { c''1 }
      a''1
      \repeat unfold 40 { c''1 }
    }

%%%%

As I understand it, this will result in a markup that occupies a single point, which should have less chance of colliding with other neighboring markup.

-- Aaron Hill