Mac MIDI synthesizer (was frescobaldi on mac)

From: james
Subject: Mac MIDI synthesizer (was frescobaldi on mac)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 01:13:19 +0100

In the interest of not getting too far away from the original topic, what do
the mac lion+ users use for midi playback? On my snow leopard machine (my main
machine), I use Mighty MIDI, which has been wonderful. It really has only the
features for listening to my note entry to make sure I entered everything
correctly, plus the option to mute tracks and start at a specific bar. For the
mountain lion computer, the best I've found is sweet midi, but it's a lot of
overhead for those features (plus it costs, and for what I use it for, I don't
see the purpose of spending money on it.) So I thought I'd ask: what do those
of you here who have osx 10.7+ use for MIDI playback?