Measure numbers as rehearsal marks?

From: Richard Hogg
Subject: Measure numbers as rehearsal marks?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:13:16 -0500

Hello!
I can't seem to find a way to make random measure numbers.  For example, the default is to number the first measure of each line, but the documentation shows how to show bar numbers every 2, 4, etc. bars.  I'm transposing a piece where the measure numbers mark the beginning of each (irregular length) section, so I need to notate measure numbers 11, 19, 27, 31, 51, 59, 67, etc.  Is there a way to do this?  I found a thread from about 2003 where the OP was asking for the same thing, but it was never resolved.

Thanks for the help!

Rick