Short stems

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Short stems
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 23:35:25 +0100

I have run into an odd little aesthetic issue. I'm finding that some eighth (or shorter) notes get stems that are too short when they stick out from the staff.

For instance, I find the stem here awfully short because it makes the flag on the eighth note run into the note heads:

But the measure before I get this:

Which looks fine.

While I am can tweak note stem lengths on an individual basis, it seems a less than ideal to address the issue.

Is there some setting that can be used to keep the stems from getting so short? For the most part it only bothers me on the eight notes and shorter duration where the flags make it more apparent.

Best,

Arle