Re: Triple b or # - do they exist?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Triple b or # - do they exist?
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:13:52 +0200

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 6:55 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, a rather nice run through Grieg's talents is the music to "Peer
> Gynt".  Rather notorious is the "Hall of the Mountain king".  Everybody
> knows that, really.  Still quite known are "Morning mood" and "Solveig's
> song".

Well, it depends. Everybody knows the Blue Danube Waltz, yet you'll
hardly find any "legitimate" musician (let alone conservatory student)
who actually appreciates working and playing Joseph Strauss' works.
So, celebrity is not necessarily akin to recognition.

> Nobody knows anything from Alkan, in contrast.

Then I guess not everything is unfair in music History :-)

Valentin.

PS Glad to see that the -user list still can afford these enjoyable
off-topic moments!