RE: jazz chords in LilyPond

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: jazz chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:46:32 +0000

Pablo - you can display whatever symbol you want for a chord, and I'm guessing no matter what version you are using there is probably a regression example that shows how.

Alas, as is usually the case when I look at me e-mail I'm at work and don't have any source files that have an example of chord name exceptions, and as usual I have a music rehearsal this evening so I won't be home until late...

But I am off from work tomorrow, so if you are still having trouble figuring out just how to get a 13th to be labeled as a superscript "13" rather than the default "9 add 13" (which incidentally is a perfectly correct name from a logical point of view) send me an e-mail off line and I'll shoot you over an example.  I still use an older version (2.6.5) but I think this feature has remained pretty much similar since.

As for the A7#9b13, without a code file I'll probably get this wrong, but here goes:

a:7.9+.13-