Re:jazz chords in LilyPond

From: PabloZum
Subject: Re:jazz chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:33:58 -0300

Thank you, Carl and Tao. I'll try both ideas.

I've found that LilyPond *can* print many jazzy chord names after all, though some of  them look a little unwieldy.

The Chord Name Chart in the LilyPond Manual lists the resulting printed view of the chord names but it does not list the actual words we must input to get those names. For instance, I know that "f:min7" outputs as "Fm7" and "c:aug" outputs as "C+"; but what must the input be to get the output "C13". If I input "c:13", I get "C9/add13" which is a handful. What must be the input to print something like, say, A7#9b13?

Is there such a list?