Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: Unable to find TFM file "latt1095".

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: Unable to find TFM file "latt1095".
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 09:42:48 +0100

Am Samstag, den 21.11.2020, 19:47 +0100 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> > > AFAIK, the TFM files (and even the master MF files) for the
> > > Cyrillic LA font family are created on the fly.  What about
> > > explicitly creating them as a make prerequisite?
> > >
> > >   mktextfm latt1095
> > >   mktextfm larm1095
> >
> > If this is possible, we should certainly do this.
>
> Could you please elaborate why you have doubts about the possibility?

Sorry, I should have been more clear: I just don't know enough about
the topic to say if it's feasible. Otherwise I would have submitted a
fix when I first discovered the issue.

> > But please generate the files in the build directory by specifying
> > --destdir (and use them from there), putting things in a cache
> > directory located in the user's $HOME directory is IMHO a very poor
> > default choice...
>
> Why?  IMHO those two TFM files are to be handled *exactly* the same
> way as all other generated files by TeXLive, which puts things by
> default into a directory tree in $HOME.

On my system, larm1095 and latt1095 are the *only* fonts that end up in
$HOME. And for that reason, I think that building LilyPond on a fresh
system should leave nothing behind after purging the build tree.

> It would be possible to have this cache directory tree somewhere else
> (by adjusting environment variables, for example), but then *all*
> generated files should be placed there.  I doubt that this is the
> right thing for Joe User...

As I said above, I think that's exactly what at least I would expect
the build system to do.

Jonas