Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: Unable to find TFM file "latt1095".

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx:fatal: Unable to find TFM file "latt1095".
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 19:47:43 +0100 (CET)

>> AFAIK, the TFM files (and even the master MF files) for the
>> Cyrillic LA font family are created on the fly.  What about
>> explicitly creating them as a make prerequisite?
>>
>>   mktextfm latt1095
>>   mktextfm larm1095
>
> If this is possible, we should certainly do this.

Could you please elaborate why you have doubts about the possibility?

> But please generate the files in the build directory by specifying
> --destdir (and use them from there), putting things in a cache
> directory located in the user's $HOME directory is IMHO a very poor
> default choice...

Why?  IMHO those two TFM files are to be handled *exactly* the same
way as all other generated files by TeXLive, which puts things by
default into a directory tree in $HOME.

It would be possible to have this cache directory tree somewhere else
(by adjusting environment variables, for example), but then *all*
generated files should be placed there.  I doubt that this is the
right thing for Joe User...

    Werner