Re: tie over clef change

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tie over clef change
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 20:01:42 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le 27/09/2020 à 19:37, David Kastrup a écrit :
>
>> (in-chord slurs are not reallya good reference since
>> they currently suck with regard to theirpositioning).
> By the way... if you have information about this, that's very
> welcome in https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/5616!

The only information I have is that I implemented in-chord slurs since
there was a need for them, and the graphical representation is a very
rough sketch of what should be there since I have no real clue about
background programming.  My expectation was that some of the backend
gurus like Keith O'Hara would take this up and put sensible code in the
graphical output code.

That hasn't really happened (Keith in particular became a less frequent
visitor around that time).  So it's not as much a matter of fixing
something that isn't working as intended as it is of implementing sane
graphical output methods in the first place.