Re: tie over clef change

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: tie over clef change
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 13:36:46 -0400

On Sep 26, 2020, at 13:11, Hans Åberg <haberg-1@telia.com> wrote:

> I think the question is answered from the musical point of view: Werner's
> example is a tie since it is the same pitch, the same note with longer value.
> In your example, the pitches are formally different, and the difference is a
> comma in the Pythagorean tone system, so it must be a slur.

This sounds like an answer to a question I didn't ask.  I don't doubt that the
arc in Werner's example is semantically a tie.  What I am wondering is what
kind of LilyPond grob should represent the arc, and I'm thinking that it should
be a Slur because of its shape, not a Tie because of its purpose.
—
Dan