Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics

From: Wol
Subject: Re: A suggestion: add \rf to built-in dynamics
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 23:17:42 +0000

On 05/01/2020 22:46, David Kastrup wrote:
Okay. That's fine for things like sfzp, but I've got things like "piu
f", "molto ff", and looking at it, it looks like piu and molto are in a
different font. Iirc, the dynamics font is missing a bunch of
characters, which could be why.

So how would I get that effect? Just putting the whole in a
make-dynamic-script is likely to result in a garbled mess.

Is it?

piu-f = #(make-dynamic-script #{ \markup { \normal-text \italic piu f } #})

Brilliant, thanks. I'm guessing I tried the simplistic version ages ago and it all went wrong which is why I did what I did. I'll play with this next time I'm doing some ponding :-)

{ c''1\piu-f }

(Sorry I'm not trying it out right now, but I'm reading emails, not
doing lilypond and looking for a piece to check it out on:-)
That's a problem if your mail client is not your LilyPond IDE.

:-)

Cheers,
Wol