Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-comma

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-commands undertie and overtie (issue 270640043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:31:31 +0000

On 2015/11/12 15:20:51, dak wrote:
On 2015/11/11 09:56:16, thomasmorley651 wrote:

> Well, outer/inner-control rely on the user-settable variables
bow-height and
> thickness.

Ok, didn't notice that.  I'm not sure it's the best interface to have
those in
semi-absolute dimensions but at least with thickness it would be
sort-of
consistent with other uses.

I'd still consider it cleanest to create the basic shape in unit size
(meaning
that one would scale down those dimensions by length-to-print).

Done.

Everything else
being equal, it would be nicest to write stuff in a manner where one
does not
need to divide by length-to-print (or some similar dimension) at all
so that
stuff does not get instable when the size happens to be zero.  But I
don't see
that this can be achieved when we have something like a non-zero
bow-height
since it requires a direction to put the non-zero-wide bow in, and
(dx, dy) =
(0, 0) is not useful for that.

length-to-print is only zero if start/stop are equal. In this case an
empty stencil is returned.
Ofcourse a bezier-curve starting and ending at the same point is
thinkable, though, I don't think we have any use for this.

One additional point: this patch also provides make-tie-stencil, which
may deserve a closer look as well.
For now I mostly c/p Jan's code here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/