Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-comma

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implement make-bow-stencil, make-tie-stencil for use in markup-commands undertie and overtie (issue 270640043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:20:51 +0000

On 2015/11/11 09:56:16, thomasmorley651 wrote:

Well, outer/inner-control rely on the user-settable variables
bow-height and
thickness.

Ok, didn't notice that.  I'm not sure it's the best interface to have
those in semi-absolute dimensions but at least with thickness it would
be sort-of consistent with other uses.

I'd still consider it cleanest to create the basic shape in unit size
(meaning that one would scale down those dimensions by length-to-print).
 Everything else being equal, it would be nicest to write stuff in a
manner where one does not need to divide by length-to-print (or some
similar dimension) at all so that stuff does not get instable when the
size happens to be zero.  But I don't see that this can be achieved when
we have something like a non-zero bow-height since it requires a
direction to put the non-zero-wide bow in, and (dx, dy) = (0, 0) is not
useful for that.

https://codereview.appspot.com/270640043/