Re: Changes.tely updated - 2.19.x up to June 2014 (issue 108130043 by ad

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Changes.tely updated - 2.19.x up to June 2014 (issue 108130043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 08:07:48 -0400

> The arrows don't seem to show up in the PDF output (that may be my
> viewer I haven't checked elsewhere) however if we did do this we would
> have remove the @lilypond verbatim because you cannot really see the
> 'words' clearly in the construction, it's just a 'bunch' of double quotes.
>
> I'll defer to the consensus of the dev group though.
>
> James

Aside from that, the sample output for justify-line has two obvious properties:
1. the distance between reference points in adjacent words is consistent
2. the distance between the end of one word and the beginning of the next is
consistent

I would use words of different lengths to show which of these holds in general.

Without context, I understand “the space between each pair is always
consistent” to mean (2).  In context, I think it probably means (1), although I
have my doubts because (1) does not appear to hold in the sample output of
fill-line, but the text implies that it should.  Are the reference points shown
for fill-line correct?  If they are, they don’t help me understand
justify-line; they just raise questions.

(Thanks to all for your work on Lilypond.)
—
Dan