Re: Issue 2245: always align dynamics and lyrics on "main" notehead (iss

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Issue 2245: always align dynamics and lyrics on "main" notehead (issue 108270044 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 21:25:40 +0200

PS

> Okay, this is less problematic than I thought it was, and
> I'm slowly convincing myself that for LyricText,
> main-notehead-alignment is better than NoteColumn-alignment.
> However, for DynamicText, I think NoteColumn-alignment is
> preferable, especially when the main notehead is on the
> right of the stem.

The "ultimate goal" that i have in my mind is to have an interface
that will allow to easily say things like "align this object on the
main column in such cases, on the stem in other cases, and on the
whole notecolumn in yet other cases.  And in some cases find the
average center of the noteheads and align on that.".