Re: Count MIDI ticks from the beginning of the score, not each staff ind

From: dak
Subject: Re: Count MIDI ticks from the beginning of the score, not each staff independently. (issue 73610044)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:19:49 +0000

I am not particularly happy with the amount of code for getting the
starting position.

I still think that a general override in the \midi block might be
conceptually simpler, particularly when generating multiple midi files
from the same source.

However, as a default or fallback behavior, this implementation's
behavior (if not the effort taken, but I don't have better ideas here)
seems reasonable.  Any explicit override can be implemented on top of
this patch (or more likely, these patches as the first_mom stuff should
be an independent patch) in a separate issue.

https://codereview.appspot.com/73610044/diff/20001/lily/include/performance.hh
File lily/include/performance.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/73610044/diff/20001/lily/include/performance.hh#newcode36
lily/include/performance.hh:36: virtual void process (const Moment &
start);
I think we usually pass moments by value.  And the details of the call
chain are muddy enough that I am not sure there are good guarantees that
the life time of the variable cannot lead to trouble.  This should not
be really performance-relevant, should it?

https://codereview.appspot.com/73610044/