Re: maintaining advanced power-user Scheme functions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: maintaining advanced power-user Scheme functions
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:32:59 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Well, one question may be whether git could be an alternate interface
into the LSR.  In a limited manner, it already is (snippets migrate back
from LilyPond git repository into the LSR).

There is the fundamental problem that snippets differ for different
versions of LilyPond.  But there is also the more fundamental problem of
snippets that are improved over time.  It's not really necessary to
access worse version of snippets, but it might be necessary to access
versions of snippets suitable for different versions of LilyPond.  Using
git for managing snippets corresponding to different versions of
LilyPond is likely a tool mismatch.  git is more slated for maintaining
a development of improvements.