Re: LilyPond.org down?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LilyPond.org down?
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 17:25:46 +0200

David Kastrup writes:

> It would be interesting to see what kind of files are filling up /tmp.
> I can't think of significantly offered zipped files, so I'd guess that
> some crawler just tries them for bandwidth's sake and is happy to find
> them workable.  Maybe we should disable compression?

The verdict is a rogue crawler.  I don't know if it's possible to
disable zipping for one site only (lilypond.org is hosted on a
shared apache server).

Only text files are offered for zipping, and the largest that we have
is

    -rw-rw-r-- 1 graham  lilypond 4.2M Jul 28 13:14
doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation-big-page.ja.html

Apparently, there were files of over 45MB in /tmp

Greetings, Jan
Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl