Re: Add new merge-function.ly file for rests (issue4005046)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Add new merge-function.ly file for rests (issue4005046)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:49:05 +0000

On 2011/01/24 16:20:20, c_sorensen_byu.edu wrote:

snip...

But -- Neil's comment indicated that this approach wrong for getting
this
functionality into the LilyPond distribution.  He suggests that a new
engraver will be needed.

Therefore, putting this up as an LSR snippet in the original form is
probably the best thing to do right now, IMO.

Thanks,

Carl

No problem. What would be the best thing to do with this 'code' would
putting the 'patch' I have on the tracker issue, with explanation and
appropriate comments from this Rietveld thread, be the right thing if
only to save re-doing more work for anyone who'd like to tackle this?

Seems a waste to just close this inasmuch I as a lot of the grunt work
has been done; or maybe not - it wasn't a waste for me in terms of
learning though.

James

http://codereview.appspot.com/4005046/