Re: patch organization

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: patch organization
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:34:51 +0000

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 05:13:07PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> On 1/23/11 7:54 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > 4) patch-new: all new patches from contributors should have this label.
>
> When a developer responds to the review that moved it from patch-new to
> patch-needs_work, does it go back to patch-new, or to patch-review?

Hmm... if the patch was previously patch-review, then it would go
back to patch-review; if the patch was previous patch-new, then
I'd say that it should go to patch-new.

Basically:
- people with git push ability will alternate between patch-review
  and patch-needs_work.  Go ahead and skip over the patch-new
  stage, unless you think that you may have made an "obvious"
  mistake.
- people without git push ability should have stuff as patch-new;
  I will change it to patch-review, patch-needs_work, or back
  to patch-new as appropriate.  (I'll be checking for "obvious"
  problems whenever the contributor makes a new version)

Cheers,
- Graham