patch organization

From: Graham Percival
Subject: patch organization
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:54:53 +0000

So I've declared myself Patch Meister for the immediate future.  Once
2.14 is out, we'll have a discussion about how this should work, and
find somebody else to do it.  Until then, just roll with it.

I've replaced label:patch with a few subcategories on the google issue tracker.

1)  patch-review: the patch has nothing "obviously" wrong with it.
"obvious" means a failure to apply to git master, failing regtests,
debugging code, etc.  In short, it means that the patch is ready for a
serious review.

Developers: please bookmark this:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/listcan=2&q=label:patch-review

it's a list of all patches that need review.  The goal is that this
list should have 0 issues.
NB: I am slowly working through the backlog, checking patches, etc.
Please DO NOT add your patch to this list unless you have git push
ability.  Contributors: please be patient.  I'll get to your patch.

2) patch-needs_work: after a problem(s) have been found with a patch,
we'll change the patch-review label to patch-needs_work.  It should be
obvious to everybody (potential reviewers, and the patch author) that
we're waiting for the submitter to take action.

3) patch-abandoned: if we don't hear anything from the submitter after
a few months, and/or if the submitter annouces that he's giving up,
I'll switch patch-needs_work to patch-abandoned.

4) patch-new: all new patches from contributors should have this label.

Cheers,
- Graham