what's up with optimal-page-breaking-hstretch.ly

From: James Bailey
Subject: what's up with optimal-page-breaking-hstretch.ly
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 00:00:22 +0100

Compiling this with 2.12.3 and 2.13.45 yields (to my eye) rather different results. I personally cannot tell if the systems are horizontally stretched or not. They appear to be centered. Or should this illustrate that only the systems on the first page are vertically stretched? Regardless, in 2.13, only one system is on the second page, so I don't think any ragged settings will be obviously apparent. Am I completely off here? Can someone explain what I should be seeing, and then we can work out if it is displaying correctly.

Thanks,

James