Re: issue 1464 (was: a plea to new contributors)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: issue 1464 (was: a plea to new contributors)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:46:12 +0000

On 1 January 2011 13:10, Matthias Kilian <address@hidden> wrote:

> It could be possible to check the result of get_column() in
> Item::spanned_rank_interval(), but I'm not sure wether this is the
> *proper* bug fix (nor what interval should be returned in this
> case).

The issue is that the parent shouldn't be a MultiMeasureRest, since
it's a Spanner (only its bounds have paper columns).

The Metronome_mark_engraver assumes that there will always be a
barline present when a tempo mark is placed at a full-bar rest (and
wants to set the BarLine as parent); obviously, this isn't the case
for the first bar in a score unless you add a dummy barline.  If the
engraver's left in the Score context this doesn't matter, since the
parent is reset.

Cheers,
Neil