Re: translation of the doc into italian

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: translation of the doc into italian
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:15:37 +0200

2009/6/17 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
> Francisco Vila wrote:
>>
>>  New files you have not told git about are not affected, see git commit
>> --help. You must to "git add" them first.
>>

> I did not really started the translation yet (but I'll do it soon).
> Anyway, the few changes I made should be committed now. This is my Git
> status:
>
> address@hidden:~/lilypond-translation$ git status
> # On branch lilypond/translation
> # Untracked files:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
> #
> #       Documentation/po/it.po
> nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

Clearly, it is untracked, use "git add Documentation/po/it.po" to track it.

Once it is tracked, commit the changes made to all added files with git commit.

That makes a commit _on your git history_ that should appear in the
output of "git log" at the top. It should also be at the topmost of
the graph shown by gitk.

Once the commit exists on your git history, to send these changes to
anybody else, make the patch as you know, and send the patch.

Try to learn as much as you can about git, this will facilitate your
everyday work on translation. Count on me to share the [very little] I
know about git.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org