Re: translation of the doc into italian

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: translation of the doc into italian
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:25:04 +0200

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

On 6/9/09 10:39 AM, "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

as far as I can see there is not an italian documentation for lilypond.

I'd like to help with that, could you please tell me how can I contribute?
If other italians want to join, either for just proofreading or
translating also, please speak up.

I can imagine that it's a demanding work, but I'm enthusiast about
lilypond and really motivated to contribute.

Great!

John Mandereau is the translation meister.  I've copied him on this reply.

The first step toward developing a translation is to read the Translation
section of the Contributors' Guide.  You'll find that here:

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/devel/contrib-guide/Translating
-the-documentation>

It gives you the instructions necessary to start translating.  If the
instructions aren't clear, ask questions on the lilypond-devel list; this
will help us update our Contributors' Guide.

Hi Carl and all,

I've read that page and started the first steps. A couple of questions:

1) GIT
I did the following changes: run "make ISOLANG=it new-lang" in Documentation and added a line in Python/langdefs.py

Is this commands sufficient to commit the changes?
git commit -a
git format-patch origin

Or maybe I've committed only the file modified (langdefs.py) and not the new files also (Documentation/it/)?

2) langdefs.py
I've just added this line below the other languages:

it = LanguageDef ('it', 'italiano')

Is it sufficient?
(the documentation does not provide a clear example, I'm not a developer so I prefer asking..)

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Federico