Re: development on windows

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:18:58 +0200

Jonathan, only one issue:

- If a command is not found (like typing 'asdf' in the terminal window), some python script is telling errors. Is that intentional?

Just for the record:

- On Asus EEE 901 KDevelop works very well using this VirtualBox + LilyUbuntu setup, running on a pen drive. - I did some configuration in kdevelop: changing the debug target path to ., linked kdesudo to kdesu (as kdevelop looks for kdesu, which has been renamed). Then set up Debug configuration to use /usr/bin/libtool --mode=execute. This way make, make install works from inside the IDE. - CTags integration works well, jumping to macro definitions is a matter of two clicks. - Then I successfully installed a breakpoint in main.cc, and runned LilyPond step by step, having the variable values and so displayed in the IDE. Great! - Also found that KDevelop supports syntax coloring for Scheme and LilyPond as well.

Bert