Re: development on windows

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:44:30 -0600

On 6/13/09 11:39 PM, "Bertalan Fodor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm sure there are tools which would make it easier for us, simple not
> hackers, but software engineers, grown up on Microsoft Visual Studio end
> Eclipse. I remember that at university I did use some ide for linux cpp
> development. That's why I was seeking recommendation.

The standard GNU answer is to use emacs to integrate your compiler,
debugger, etc.  You can open a directory in emacs and then open any file
from that directory, so it's useful for browsing the source, as well.

Emacs is too complex for me to remember its usage with infrequent work, so I
just use separate windows for vim, gdb, lilypond, etc.

HTH,

Carl