Re: GDP: examples consistency

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: examples consistency
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:26:34 -0700

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:18:56 +0200
Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le 29.06.2008 14:27, Graham Percival disait :
> > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:10:53 +0200
> > Jean-Charles Malahieude wrote:
> >
> >> I would
> >> have liked not to encounter twice (or more) the same assertion
> >> like:
> >>
> >> #. Documentation/user/fundamental.itely:1012 (comment)
> >> msgid "Set stems, etc, down"
>            ^             ^^
> >> vs.
> >> #. Documentation/user/fundamental.itely:1074 (comment)
> >> msgid "set stems, etc down"
>            ^             ^

Oh, ok.  I made them consistent.  Fixed in git.

> The fact is that, due to spelling matter, this same succession of
> terms is detected as TWO different strings, even though it is the
> very same assertion. This is why I much more appreciate things like:
>
> #. Documentation/user/fundamental.itely:1187 (variable)
> #. Documentation/user/fundamental.itely:2497 (variable)
> #. Documentation/user/tweaks.itely:3137 (variable)
> #. Documentation/user/simultaneous.itely:541 (variable)
> msgid "global"
> msgstr "global"

It's complaining because "global" is defined as different things?
In this case, I'm afraid that you'll just need to ignore the word
"global".  It just doens't make sense to rename that variable.

> I might review these sections over the coming week, and then make a
> commit per file if you don't mind.

I welcome the review, but please don't commit directly.  I'd much
prefer it if you sent comments or patches to me for approval.

If you commit directly, you should be *certain* that there's
nothing that I could possibly object to.  See all my hate mail to
Valentin for a reminder about how difficult I am to please.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham