Re: Alignment of metronome marks

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Alignment of metronome marks
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:46:21 +0200

Op maandag 23 juni 2008, schreef Reinhold Kainhofer:
> I have now commited my patch that allows text to be included directly into
> the \tempo commands, i.e.
>         \tempo 4=120
>         \tempo "Allegro" 4=120
>         \tempo "Allegro"
>         \tempo \markup{\italic \medium "Allegro"}

This is great! I will update LilyKDE so that it's score wizard (which already
can create a tempo mark using some rehearsalmark tweaking) uses the new
feature if the user's LilyPond is recent enough.

> I haven't updated the docs (1.6.3.1 Metronome marks), though.
>
> One thing I noticed is that the regression test
> input/regression/metronome-marking.ly says:
>
>    "The marking is left aligned with the time signature, if there is one."
>
> Unfortunately, this is not true, the metronome marking is now always
> aligned with the following note... Is this a bug/regression?

This is also true for Rehearsal marks. I always set their break-align by hand,
and then even have to offset half a staff space more.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
LilyKDE, LilyPond for KDE: http://lilykde.googlecode.com/