GUB Build last step!!

From: Mark
Subject: GUB Build last step!!
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:15:41 +0000 (UTC)

Hey everyone,

I'm that pest that is trying to do a GUB build for a patched version of
lilypond (which will support alternative notations (If anyone is interested
check out http://musicnotationproject.org/)).

Han-Wen may remember me as the chap that got lots of help from him, then
called him "Hans" through sheer inattentiveness (way to make people feel
appreciated Mark, I am a doofus! Sorry again Han-Wen).

I'm now at the Stage with the GUB build that I have prepared the build
environment, and am ready to run make for all the targets.

I was about to start hacking the make file to use my local patched version of
lilypond to support the alternative notations. I'm a bit of a make file virgin
so thought I should probably ask if there's an easier way to do what I want to
do before I start hacking.

Here's my question....
Is there a easy way to make the lilypond's make file pick up a local version
of lilypond (rather than getting everything through GIT), or should I start
hacking the make file?

Cheers
Thanks for any help
Mark (but feel free to call me anything :)