Re: Alignment of metronome marks

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: Alignment of metronome marks
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:57:39 +0300

Hi,

Reinhold Kainhofer schrieb:

Am Dienstag, 24. Juni 2008 schrieben Sie:

I don't know about that one, or about how it was before. My Gardner
Notation (did I recall the name correctly) said it should always be aligned
with the middle of the key if any, else with the middle of the time
signature.

Actually, my copy of "Music notation" by Gardner Read says on page 278:
"The initial letter of the term (usually a capital) customarily is aligned
over the meter signature, or -- if none is present -- over the first
notational element of the measure, such as note-heads, accidentals, repeat
signs, and so on."

That's what I meant and remembered wrong, this solution seems much easier. I send you the test file I created some time ago, I took it from rehearsal marks alignment might be that this is broken. I created the file sometimes in march I think, my last saving date is the 4. of April, so that would be some .3x-version. On 2.11.45 it works as expected. I removed the \once from the alignment and they align then correct to where they should.

Till
\relative {

       c1

       \key cis \major

       \clef alto

       %\time 5/4

       \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left

       \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = #'(key-signature)

     %   \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols =
#'(time-signature)
        \time 5/4

       \mark "on key"

       cis

       \key ces \major

       \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = #'(clef)

       \clef treble

       \mark "on clef"

       ces

       \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-align-symbols = #'(time-signature)

       \key d \minor

       \clef tenor

       \time 3/4

       \mark "on time"