Re: Turkish Music accidentals

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Turkish Music accidentals
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:38:35 +0200

On 2008/06/17 12:57 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:54:12 +0100
> "Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Graham, I amended this snippet following your recommendations
> > concerning the makam-init.ly file location, but it hasn't updated. Any
> > idea why?
>
> It's possible that simply running "make web" in input/lsr/ doesn't
> rebuild changed examples.  I don't know what magic John did when
> setting it up...

Output files depend on .ly files, .snippet-list files,
lilypond-snipets.tely and -intro.itely files.  If the modification time
of any of this file is updated (with real changes or with touch),
lilypond-book, makeinfo and texi2pdf are called again to rebuild SL.

However, manuals (LM NR AU) don't depend on input/lsr/*.ly, so if you
want to rebuild them after LSR snippets have changed, you must trigger
rebuild by touching e.g. .itely files.

> If it's still the old version in GDP in an hour, let me know and
> I'll do a distclean and rebuild everything from scratch.

Or try to force rebuild with the trick above (now kind-of documented in
AU Building documentation).

HTH,
John