Re: Membership request for group GNU LilyPond Music Typesetter

From: Carl D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Membership request for group GNU LilyPond Music Typesetter
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:09:08 +0000 (UTC)

Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
>
> > > From: Johannes Schindelin [mailto:Johannes.Schindelin <at> gmx.de]

> > > I must have missed that.  Can I be of assistance?
> >
> > Thanks for the offer.  Perhaps you can.  I'm willing to give it another
> > try.
> [...]
>
> First of all, you have to update the ssh keys.  If you provided a valid
> email address when registering your account, you can edit the keys with
> this link:
>
>       http://repo.or.cz/m/edituser.cgi
>
> (You can also reach it from the main page, following the link "Update user
> SSH keys".)

OK, I found that my ssh key at repo.or.cz was apparently invalid.  I didn't have
one on my Fedora Core machine, so I created a new key and got it installed on
repo.or.cz.

> The easiest way would be to fetch the csorensen fork into your local
> repository:
>
>       $ git remote add repo \
>               csorensen <at> repo.or.cz:/srv/git/lilypond/csorensen.git

I tried this, but I had problems.

First, my username at repo.or.cz is carl_sorensen.  I then typed the follwing
command:

$  git remote add csorensen-git \
      address@hidden:/srv/git/lilypond/csorensen.git

This created the remote repo csorensen-git, as expected.  (Incidentally, how do
you delete a remote repository?  I created one named repo when I just copied
your command above, and I'd like to delete it).

>       $ git fetch repo

Then, when I tried to fetch csorensen-git, I couldn't log in to repo.or.cz.

$ git fetch csorensen-git
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
address@hidden's password:
Permission denied (publickey,password).
Cannot get the repository state from
address@hidden:/srv/git/lilypond/csorensen.git

I used the password I used to create the ssh public key, and it wouldn't work.
Is there some other password I should have for repo.or.cz?

Thanks,

Carl