Oh god, sorry another question about the gub build

From: Mark Hanlon
Subject: Oh god, sorry another question about the gub build
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:30:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello again,

I'm so so very sorry about this, honestly I'm not trying to be thick.
I just want to check that I am doing something sensible before I break
everything :) My specific questions are at the end if you can't be bothered
reading the preamble.

I'm having a problem compiling odcctools-20060413.tar.bz2 for the darwin build.

Here's what I've done so far

I downloaded the odcctools-20060413.tar.bz2 file from
http://lilypond.org/download/gub-sources/odcctools/

I punted it into downloads/odcctools/

So here the problem, when I try to make it the compiler moans about an
unrecognised command line option -Wno-long-double. From looking around the web
it seems that this is a problem between python and anything after GCC 3.3.

I'm compiling with GCC 4.2.3 (I'm on ubuntu btw just in case that makes any
difference, can't imagine it does but then again I am a linux simpleton)

Here's what I am thinking of doing.
1) Installing GCC 3.3, building the library then reinstalling gcc 4.2.3. Is this
unrivalled thickery? Am I asking for trouble?
-or-
2) Editing the config and make files and ripping out the -Wno-long-double
command line options. Will this break anything any ideas?

Has anyone ever came across this problem before and has a really easy solution
or should I just go for one of the above (thinking I'll plump for option number
two).

Cheers (and sorry for all the questions, I'm doing my best honest!)
Mark