Re: Translation - missing messages?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Translation - missing messages?
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 21:05:50 +0200

Hi Marcos,
sorry for the unreasonably late reply.

On 2008/04/23, I wrote:
> Marcos di Silva wrote:
> > John Mandereau,
> >
> > I'm finishing translating Lilypond program messages to pt_BR. I missed
> > some messages like "syntax error, unexpected %s" [parser.cc] in .pot
> > file: http://translationproject.org/POT-files/lilypond-2.11.39.pot
> > How do I translate them?
>
> These messages are enclosed with YY_ instead of _, which prevents them
> from being caught by xgettext.

After a closer look at parser.cc, strings enclosed with YY_ belong to
bison-runtime gettext domain, so these strings are not to be translated
in lilypond domain.

If we want these messages to be translated in GUB binaries, we should
build/copy in GUB compiled message catalogs for this domain
(bison-runtime.mo files) -- it's a pity that I haven't been able to set
up GUB yet :-(

As for LilyPond messages, I'll a send a new lilypond.pot to the
Translation Project soon, so as to give translators 2 or 3 weeks to
update the PO file for inclusion in 2.12 release.

Cheers,
John