Re: federated free software movement

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: federated free software movement
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:04:44 +0000

On 29/11/2021 22:00, Yuchen Pei wrote:
Arthur Torrey <arthur_torrey@comcast.net> writes:

I never intended that we should promote non-free software / hardware
on this Libre-planet list, only that we should be tolerant about it on
whatever federation structures evolve.

How does such tolerance help the free software movement?

Best,
Yuchen

Possibly so that anyone who does have non-free hardware can be supported so they feel part of the community, but also feel supported in their next purchase so that is more free software friendly.

Lets help people to transition.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)