Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RiseUp needs our help...

From: Dave Rolek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] RiseUp needs our help...
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 13:23:11 -0400

On 2016-09-06 12:34 PM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> Right. So how is it OK to use this ML to beg for money to non-free
> software and culture? I don't think it should be.

It looks like they use[0-8] and value[9-11,15-16] free software, as well
as value free culture[12-14,15-16].

Admittedly it's not clear whether everything they use is free software,
or if that's an unstated goal currently.  That much I'd say is worth
asking them for clarification.

As for "[using] this ML to beg for money", that wording is a bit
extreme, but I can see your point.  However, it's worth noting:
1) it wasn't RiseUp themselves who emailed this list
2) should RiseUp not be using completely free software, there have been
many other cases where nonfree software has been promoted to some degree
for its other freedom-respecting values.  Examples include: flattr,
duckduckgo.

dmr

---
(use)