Re: [Libreboot] OpenBSD with libreboot on the X200

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] OpenBSD with libreboot on the X200
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 13:40:58 -0500

Some BSD make BIOS calls and may not work with Coreboot.

/*****  http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ  *******
We have tested some of the BSD OSes and have seen, that FreeBSD for example
makes BIOS calls, which is not supported by coreboot. Possibly with help of
SeaBIOS, it may be possible to boot FreeBSD like it is now, but the right
thing to do, is to remove FreeBSD's dependence on BIOS calls.
Please feel free to test booting any of the above using SeaBIOS and report to
the coreboot mailing list.
***** http://www.coreboot.org/FAQ ********/

Have you tried a Grub2 chainload, with Grub2 as the payload for libreboot?

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2/Chainloading

Best of luck.