Re: [Libreboot] OpenBSD with libreboot on the X200

From: Oriol Demaria
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] OpenBSD with libreboot on the X200
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 12:28:34 +0100

Yes I thought about recompiling the kernel, and booting with a custom kernel. With SeaBIOS I get to type the disk encryption password, but that's it. It's worth a try this, because apart from PXE the rest I have tried. I actually seems to boot till certain point but you can't see anything or switch to any tty. I'm getting a docking station, that I think it has a serial port, then I will be able to see what is going on, through the serial cable.

So to boot OpenBSD I have to use SeaBIOS to boot from the first partition where I have another grub, as for some reason I can't chainload directly from libreboots grub, and then start it. I installed OpenBSD with the harddrive in other box to try to isolate the problem. I have also used grub to load bsd.rd without success. I have tried several ways. But usually I just boot from a pendrive with grub calling bsd.rd from the loopback interface of an iso file (this works perfectly in for any box).

Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards,

On , L.R. D.S. wrote:
So you chainload SeaBIOS, and try to boot the bsd.rd and it don't show
nothing? Your conclusion
is that it's because don't have framebuffer?
I don't know exactly how is the boot process on OpenBSD (although I
use it daily), but I don't
think that it require framebuffer to boot.
What do you are using to boot? A plain snapshot of install57.iso
burned on some CD-ROM?
You tried the pxeboot?
If nothing works, you could try compile with aperture driver disabled:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man4/xf86.4?query=xf86
And, reduce the secure level:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man7/securelevel.7?query=securelevel&sec=7

If not working, try the openbsd-misc and request some help (please,
send some dmegs and dmidecode/biosdecode logs).

Regards,
--mutus