Re: Help compiling oskit-mach

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Help compiling oskit-mach
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:52:57 +0200

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 07:14:08PM -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> >>I've followed the L4/Hurd effort for several years now, casually checking
> >>in
> >>on their websites every so often. Not much so far. It really sucks that I
> >
> >which websites are your referring to?
> >
> Oh just the GNU site, http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd.html
> I think there is a Savannah site similar to sourceforge too, but lost track
> of it (or could be confused with gnumach/hurd)

Nobody who has ever worked seriously on GNU/Hurd on L4 has spent his time
writing web pages about it.

The first "documentation" if you can call it was Neals VM slides, and now
the hurd-on-l4.tex document in the hurd-l4 source tree module of the hurd
CVS repository.  Of course the mails on this maiing list are also relevant.

I am now starting at bootstrapping the implementation.  That means that
there is code, but it is not much yet and most of it is definitely not in
its final form.  I try to write as much as needed quickly to get
bootstrapped, so that everybody can work on the parts they want to work on,
while still having some sort of platform where things can be tried out.

> of family-type stuff to attend (yeah, I'm almost an old fart now), but
> once the snow flys around
> here I typically hunker down and work on some GNUish development projects.

By that time we have hopefully crossed a line where you can start to do
something useful while focussing on some individual smallish sub project of
the whole, rather than being lost in the non-existence of it.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/