Re: Building outside the sourcetree

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Building outside the sourcetree
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:38:19 +0200

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 04:44:06PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Here is a patch to make it possible to build l4-hurd outside the
> sourcetree.

Ok, I put them in.  I still get some bogus error messages from
AC_CONFIG_LINK when doing the configure, but the links are correctly created
anyway.  Strange.

> I've included the changelog entries, are these required for future
> l4-hurd patches?

hurd-l4.  Yes, they are now, for all directories with a ChangeLog file.  I
was trying to do without, but too many people contribute (which is a good
thing!), so it's worth to be careful about it, in particular because of
legal issues!

> Marcus, do you want me to send patches to l4-hurd next time or should
> I use savannah?

This list should be fine, you can also send them to me personally.  Not
Savannah, because I have not thought about how and what use I want to make
of it for this.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden