Re: Changed html page for l4-hurd

From: Espen Skoglund
Subject: Re: Changed html page for l4-hurd
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:46:15 +0100 (CET)

[Zeno Gantner]
>  - Question to the l4-hurd guys: Is SMP support
>    planned for L4KA (I think of Hazelnut's
>    successors)? If there isn't anybody who knows
>    it I'll ask at Uni Karlsruhe.

Yes, SMP support is planned (and implemented) in L4Ka.  We just want
to resolve some open questions before merging it into the main
distribution.  (People tend to be quite confused when the API and
semantics change completely between two versions, and we want to avoid
this (plus we want to have it a tad more well-tested ;-).)

>  - http://www.research.ibm.com/sawmill/L4-x-rat.ps
>    this short document is an introduction to the
>    API version X (used in Hazelnut, I guess)
>    Should there be a link or isn't it that
>    important?

The document you're referring to does present some version X ideas.
Not all of these ideas, however, are implemented in L4Ka (Auto
Propagation, Redirection, etc.), so I think a link would be more
confusing than helpful.

        eSk