Re: Changed html page for l4-hurd

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Changed html page for l4-hurd
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:24:07 -0800

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 12:11:56AM +0100, Zeno Gantner wrote:

>  - background is now white

Pls be careful with your HTML:

<title>Porting GNU Hurd to L4 - Free Software Foundation</title>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#1F00FF" ALINK="#FF0000"
VLINK="#9900DD">

Should be:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<head>
<title>Porting GNU Hurd to L4 - Free Software Foundation</title>
</head>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#1F00FF" ALINK="#FF0000"
VLINK="#9900DD">

I have made this change and uploaded the page.

> annotations:
>  - I took the gnu's head picture from the
>    boilerplate page (hope it works correct)
>    Is there any Hurd logo out there except for
>    the big one at hurd.gnu.org?

I think I have another nice little one floating around.  I'll try and
find it and create a "Hurd Art" section of the site.

>    I wrote to the webmaster of the Dresden L4
>    site for a permission to use the L4/x86 logo
>    (it looks quite nice, no answer yet).

Please cc: web-hurd on this correspondance.  The use of other
logos needs to be registered with the folks at the Free Software Foundation
so that they are aware of the permission.

>  - If there are more comfortable ways to send you
>    the page than via mailing lists, please tell me,
>    Jeff.
>    Or is it ok to post it on the MLs so that others
>    can view them without having to surf around... ?

For now, I think this is ok.  Eventually when we have the site layout
set out better, I hope to just give you write access to the site so that
you can post your own updates.

--
No matter how big the bell, if you only tap it, it can give out only a
faint sound.  We must understand thoroughly that the weakness of the blow,