koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.6 = version numbering + Roadmap

From: Pierrick LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 2.2.6 = version numbering + Roadmap
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:51:05 +0100

Hi koha-devel,

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:15:50 +0100
Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:

> In rel_2_2, kados, hdl and other commited a lot of changes.
> There is still no changes in the DB, but I think we should call this
> version 2.4.0

Concerning CVS, how to do you plan to manage branches and releases? Will
you create a new branch rel_2_4 and a release R_2_4_0 on it? Or will you
prefer creating a release R_2_4_0 on branch rel_2_2?

The former would be cleaner, since we would be able to continue bug
fixing on rel_2_2. In my opinion, having a release 2.4.0 on a branch
2.2 is very confusing :-/ Maybe only "rel_2_2" CVS branch name is
inappropriate, but we can't change it (CVS can't rename existing branchs).

Cheers,

--
Pierrick LE GALL
INEO media system