js-shield

Re: New GUI comments, 0.6, rebranding and more

From: Libor Polčák
Subject: Re: New GUI comments, 0.6, rebranding and more
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 17:01:18 +0100

Giorgio, I cannot see the button to view detailed configuration in the pop up. I can only
see a text "- undefined" in the position where it should probably be.

Hello Giorgio,

I have more details regarding the issue.

The issue seem to appear only on sites with default level. It seems that sites with a
non-default level display the label and button as expected. On sites with default level,
the label with the level name is empty and the description is undefined (that is the
"- undefined" above. The tweak button is missing. The look is exactly the same
as moz-extension://{ID}/popup.html. I did not find any message or exception in the
extension console or browser console.

I think that we should visually polish the pop up window but this should not
delay 0.6.

We should add different group names. We currently display strings that are
meant for developers. I guess that users will be confused by names like
hardware, plugins and others.

Best

Libor