Re: Save mail in multiple mbox files

From: " "
Subject: Re: Save mail in multiple mbox files
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 06:50:20 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the comments, but I have still not found the best way to
handle this..
On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 7:02:04 PM UTC+1, William F Hammond wrote:

[....]
>> I would be content if I could
>>   * read from imap with gnus
>>   * save articles to a holding place (preferably mbox format)
>
>       With nnmbox use the key C-o from the summary buffer, which
>       invokes gnus-summary-save-article-mail (and appends to mbox),
>       rather than the key o, which invokes gnus-summary-save-article
>       (and appends to presumed babyl)
>
>>   * use rmail to move them to final places later
>
>     I don't understand what you mean, but I'm dubious about using
>     rmail at all if you're using gnus.

I think there is a good reason.
 * Get your mail via imap
 * C-o messages to separate files and delete them from imap tediously (B <del>)

Now you have all your messages nearly sorted into lots of files
according to author/subject..

You can read the files with nndoc, but nndoc is a read-only
affair. Having dealt with a topic, you really need something like rmail
(or mailx or whatever) to clean up. B <del> is not going to work here.